Saturday, October 22, 2016

Rockin' It Old School: Wild Style by Robots with Rayguns

I have no idea what the lyrics are trying to tell me, but I love the way they sound -- sliced up and processed, alternately high-pitched and growingly low. (Remember Yello's "Oh Yeah" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Kind of like that.) Definitely an 80s vibe going on here -- zippy synths, crisp beats, snappy snares. A hint of "Axel F" here, a touch of "Jam On It" there. Once in a while I pick up a very slight whiff of New Order and maybe a little bit of the Cure. It's no accident, of course, that Wild Style, the latest release from Arizona-based Robots with Rayguns, feels like a throwback to the best of 80s electropop... Just check out their album art and the full range of merch they have on offer, or consider the fact that you can buy their latest release on cassette. But it's not just throwback music. At its best moments, Wild Style offers a perfect blend of vintage sounds and contemporary EDM. If this is what the robot revolution will look like, then sign me up...

Wild Style is available for $10 (US) on BandCamp. If you like it, buy it.

1 comment:

  1. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete